Thursday 29 November 2012

Everton 1-1 Arsenal - Is It A Good Result?

I'll hold my hands up and be honest first. I didn't see the game. I've seen the goals but not the match so forgive me if my match report is brief.

Theo Walcott put us ahead after just 51 seconds. A neat one two with Aaron Ramsey put Walcott in from a wide position and his shot deflected in. Marouane Fellaini who was back in the Everton side after a one game ban equalised after Sanga gave the ball away. Fellaini finished smartly from 25 yards. From the match reports I've read it doesn't sound like there was a great deal of action, especially from ab Arsenal perspective. Everton had a chance in the first half when Jelavic shot over after a clever turn in the box. In the second half they had a strong penalty claim waved away after Mikel Arteta appeared to have dragged Pienaar down.

There's been a mixture of reactions from this match. I think the Villa result has had a huge impact on the thoughts of most Gooners. Had we beaten Villa and drew here we would have all been happy but dropping points at Villa gave this one a must win feeling. It doesn't work like that though. Everton have been nothing short of fantastic at home this season. They are yet to lose at home despite their recent form dipping a bit.

Everton are a team that most neutrals find hard to dislike. David Moyes has done a fantastic job and they will be the team for us to beat to 4th spot I believe. A draw at least means they are not pulling any further away from us. I know we lost another couple of points on them lot down the road but we will catch them sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment